Code of Conduct
As members of Modern Enigma Society, we agree to adhere to this Code at all times, particularly during club activities and when communicating with other members:
- We are a group of adults and behave honestly and responsibly. We will use common sense and maturity when involved in club matters. The spirit of the rules is more important to us than the letter of the rules. We will be honest with officers and other members at all times. Members are courteous and cordial with one another.
- We will make the club a safe and welcoming community. Harassment or discrimination of any type is not tolerated.
- We adhere to all applicable laws when involved in club matters. The law always takes precedence over both the Constitution and this Handbook, including the Code of Conduct. Actions during club functions that break the law may be grounds for club disciplinary action as well as other appropriate legal action.
- Our real-life responsibilities always take precedence over club matters. We understand our games are works of fantasy. If the line ever starts to blur, we must stop and speak with a club officer, and take whatever time off from club events is necessary to put things back in proper perspective.
- We are safe during all club activities. For safety reasons, actual weapons or overly realistic weapon props, stunting, blood drinking, and other activities a club officer judges likely to cause physical harm are specifically not allowed at events. The presiding coordinator makes this determination in their sole discretion. All physical contact must be consensual.
Zero Tolerance Policy
The Modern Enigma Society is committed to providing members with a social environment free from behavior that creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive atmosphere. Engaging in any kind of unwelcome conduct is prohibited and all allegations will be taken seriously. This includes all unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature.
Other derogatory or offensive comments or conduct, including those involving race, gender or gender expression, religion, age, national origin, sexual orientation, color, or disability status, that creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive social environment, are also prohibited.
Unwelcome conduct is conduct that the member did not solicit or invite; which the member regards as undesirable or offensive; and that the member expresses to be offensive or undesirable to the individual acting in an offensive or undesirable manner.
The full MES Membership Handbook can be found here.